Is it news that I love pizza? Well last night I wanted something pretty light, but also easy and quick. I was sort of in the mood for pizza so I decided to make some tortilla pizzas. Now, I use to use La Tortilla Factory, but honestly, I didn’t love it. The taste wasn’t my favorite and they were just way too big. I had been looking out for Mission corn tortillas, what I have wanted all along but have never been able to find. Until about a week ago. At 55 calories each they are perfect. So, last night. I made two little pizzas. Margarita pizzas, my favorite kind after cheese and pepperoni! And instead of using basil (mine was dead, sadly), I used some homemade pesto sauce. These pizzas are so easy to make and SO quick to cook! It’s effortless to spread a little pesto, cut a few mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and stick them in the toaster or oven for 10 minutes.
These were delicious! I will definitely be making them again soon! I haven’t made something that good in a while. Just a simple margarita. A simple tortilla pizza. Quick, easy, 4-ingredient meal.
- 2 small Mission corn tortillas
- 1-2 tbsp pesto, per tortilla (I love homemade)
- 2-4 cherry tomatoes, sliced/diced
- Mozzarella, thinly sliced or shredded, to cover tortillas with a single layer (about a half-inch from edge)
- Spread pesto out on each tortilla in a thin layer, about a half-inch from the edge.
- Top with your choice of mozzarella.
- According to taste/love of tomatoes, cut desired amount and spread evenly on top.
- Place the pizzas in a toaster for about 8-12 minutes and let cool before cutting.