Spaghetti is a great, quick, and easy meal. I cannot count the number of times there has been no real dinner plan and we just throw a pot of water on the stove top to make some pasta. Easy solution.
This is a simple recipe as long as you follow the directions on your pasta packaging. From there, you just add and stir for the most part. I have an original, homemade pesto sauce, but I will update on that later. Tonight we were out of some of the ingredients so I just used some store-bought pesto (still yummy). Exclude the chicken from this dish for a vegetarian meal. This is such a delicious dinner no matter which ingredients you include. Tinkyada never fails to impress and the noodles taste so amazing with the chicken and mushrooms. The pesto adds great flavor, though I don’t prefer a ton. This was a great success.
This recipe gave me the idea to try pesto chicken in the future, and I hope to try it soon.
- 1 package pasta/spaghetti (I use Tinkyada with great results every time!)
- Water (depending to pasta cooking directions)
- 1 package baby portabellas, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp pesto sauce (approx)
- Precooked chicken breast strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms (saute or boil).
- Heat pesto for a few seconds, add to pasta, and stir until it is evenly distributed.
- Add in chicken and mushrooms and continue mixing until everything is even and dispersed throughout noodles.
- Serve immediately.