I have tried to eat healthier lately, but I have been saving and waiting for a moment to indulge in one of my favorite treats: macaroni and cheese. Not only is this recipe absolutely delicious, it is my grandmother’s recipe and one of my new favorites!
While it is a bit lengthy to prepare, it is so easy and uses common ingredients. There is no flour or tedious cheese sauce preparation involved whatsoever. It is just a super cheesy, easy, baked dish. I can’t get over how amazing it is. It was difficult to stop eating, even once I was full. I just wanted to eat the whole dish! Luckily I have quite a bit of leftovers.
I made a lot because it was for three people, and there were still TONS of leftovers!
- 24 oz Elbow Macaroni, gluten free
- 24 oz Cottage Cheese
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 eggs
- GF Bread Crumbs or Parmesan Cheese, grated (to add a thin layer on top)
- Cook Pasta according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the cottage cheese, sour cream, cheddar, and eggs in a large bowl
- Add to pasta and mix until well combined/even
- Put mac and cheese into a greased casserole dish and top with your choice of GF bread crumbs or Parmesan
- Bake Mac and Cheese for about 35 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes or so