If you like to cook, then a muffin tin is a necessity in your kitchen, I think. You can make virtually anything! I have made pancakes, omelets, cheese muffins, corn muffins, popovers, pancake popovers, and now mini casseroles. Mini meals, I have discovered, are simply wonderful! They are great for portion tracking, experimenting with recipes, and having pre-made service for family and guests.
Note that the measurements (excepting the rice) may not be totally accurate because this was not an official recipe. It was just something I whipped together and then decided to blog about. But it was SO delicious! I just looked in the fridge, got out leftovers, and got cooking.
Another note: Leftovers are GREAT! Use them! Besides the eggs and milk, obviously, everything I used in this recipe is leftover. (I actually recommend leftover rice/broccoli)
Lastly, this recipe made 4 1/2 – 5 mini casseroles, due to my uneven distribution of egg. In the future, I think I will add a third egg and more filling. Play around with the recipe!
- 1/4-1/3 cup rice, cooked
- 1/4-1/2 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- chicken, shredded/cut up
- 2 eggs
- milk, for eggs
- shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a muffin tin with Pam or non-stick spray
- Mix rice, broccoli, and chicken together in a small bowl
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a separate bowl
- Add equal amounts of filling to 5 muffin cups (or more, depending on how much ingredients you use)
- Next, pour equal amounts of egg mixture into each muffin cup
- Bake for 10-13 minutes
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
(Leftover mini casseroles are great, too!)