Salads are a healthy and delicious way to end the day. There are so many variations, and you can make it a meal or snack. It is so easy to experiment with salads and create recipes. Salad recipes are also quite lenient, and you can add and withdraw anything you desire.
This recipe is one of my more frequent salads. I love nuts, especially almonds, just as a quick snack, but they are also so delicious in salads. The apples add great flavor, a nice sweet side, to the salad. I realize the amounts are pretty vague, but I figured with a salad recipe, you don’t need to get too specific. This is just a general idea, but you can use however much of each thing you want. I honestly don’t have anything to add to that, other than this is a fantastic salad!
The last thing I will add is look out for a bunch of new recipes coming soon…I plan on getting busy in the kitchen this weekend! I am especially excited to try either Brazilian cheese rolls, popovers, or pesto pasta/chicken. So keep a look out for some tasty recipes.
- Enough fresh lettuce to fill a large salad bowl (or 1 bagged salad)
- 1/2-1 apple, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup almonds (or large handful)
- A handful of pine nuts
- A small handful of grapes, cut in half
- 1-2 tbsp goat cheese (and/or parmesan)
- 1-2 pieces of GF bread’s worth of homemade croutons
- Put lettuce in a large bowl, add nuts and apples slices, and mix until evenly distributed. Sprinkle goat cheese over top along with any desired GF dressing and add croutons.
- Simple Salad (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)