Tonight was a family dinner and we made one of our (my) all-time faves: parmesan chicken. This is such a simple recipe and it really does not take very long. Along with the fantastic chicken, we had french fries and broccoli. Our family sides usually consist of something along those lines. Potatoes, fries, or rice and broccoli/carrots, green beans, or salad. Yum!
This is a recipe that most people would enjoy, in my opinion. It has the expected softness of chicken, but an added crunch and flavor from the breading that really makes the meal. I was especially excited to make this recipe for the first time using my recent Rice Chex bread crumbs, and I was not disappointed. It was delicious! Feel free to use more cheese if desired; I may have even used 2 cups myself, because the recipes is parmesan chicken after all. You could add your own unique ingredients to this as well. I for one plan on trying some basil and oregano mixed with the bread crumb mixture next time. How will you make yours?
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups Rice Chex (to make bread crumbs)
- A bit of basil to taste
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 9-12 small chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 and prepare a large baking sheet covered with greased tin foil.
- Make bread crumbs if you have not already done so and mix them with parmesan cheese and basil.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk with milk until smooth and combined, then put all the chicken strips into the bowl (can be done individually).
- Take one piece of chicken and cover it in the bread crumb mixture (both sides).
- Place each piece in turn on the baking sheet and repeat until all chicken is used.
- Cook in oven for 20-30 minutes (or until tops are a light, medium brown).
- Serve warm.