These are healthy, easy, and delicious. My one recommendation would be to eat these with a fork and knife at hand. The tomatoes will be, not mushy, but the texture of a roasted pepper, sort of. I don’t have much to say about these except when can I make tem next?!
- Tomato, sliced 1/4-1/3 inch thick
- Pesto -OR- Basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and cover a baking sheet/pan with tin foil.
- Slice tomatoes (make a few, or a lot) and place each slice on your pan as you go.
- Spread a small dollop of pesto on each tomato (about 2 tsp worth) -OR- place a couple fresh basil leaves on the tomato
- Then sprinkle some parmesan on each tomato, to taste. At least cover tomato with a thin layer. I spread cheese to edges and put enough to cover tomato.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.