Sometimes you just need a break, a quick bite to eat that takes little or no time to make. Maybe even something that is only a couple of ingredients. This was my thought when I had the idea of homemade tortilla chips a few weeks back. I got the idea when I attempted to make tortilla croutons (because I had been out of my GF bread). Now I have taken that idea and made it a reality. A delicious, wonderful reality. These worked so well and they were one of the easiest recipes I have made so far. You could easily make these again and again with no sweat. Of course, you could also always use as many tortillas as you want or need to make LOTS of tortilla chips! This recipe is just for a couple servings. Just two or so people having a quick bite to eat. But it can be so much more than that.
- 2 GF tortillas (I use La Tortilla Factory, which are BIG tortillas)
- Olive oil
- Salt (to taste, not too much)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil.
- Stack and cut them into 8 sections (16 chips) and sprinkle with a small amount of salt
- Lay each chip out on aluminum foil
- Bake 8 minutes, then turn them all over (with tongs)
- Bake an additional 2 minutes
- Let them cool a little and serve!
UPDATE: I just used my leftover chips to try and make nachos and they turned out great! Just sprinkle your choice of shredded cheese and heat in microwave for about 20 seconds. They were so delicious!
- Croutons? Tortilla Chips? (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)