I am so pleased to say that I have really been getting more into creating my own recipes. I hope to post a bunch of them soon.
Of course, I love my pancake recipes, and I recently decided to try and make up a pancake recipe of my own from scratch. It was actually pretty easy now that I have been making my own recipes more (a have quite a few I’m anxious to make/post about, because I have the recipe, but I need to make them still). I’ve learned that my brown rice flour – and tapioca flour – combined with cornstarch usually make good recipes (like my Scratch Biscuits). Once I had the quantity of flour I was going to use, the rest was no problem. Like any pancake recipe, these are quick and easy and…DELICIOUS. These turned out so well, and I hope to make them again soon!
Now the big question you may be asking is, were these better than my normal Arrowhead Mills pancakes. Honestly, these were incredible, much to my surprise. I have to say I like the two recipes equally. They are quite different, too. I will definitely make these pancakes again. This recipe makes a few more, because there is more mix, and I have a ton of left overs that I am so excited for!
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together (with whisk).
- Whisk in eggs, oil, and 1 cup milk and stir until all ingredients are nearly completely blended.
- Add rest of the milk and continue stirring until batter is smooth with few lumps (can have some small ones – don’t want to over mix batter).
- Grease a frying pan and preheat on medium heat. Scoop batter onto pan. Flip after about a minute or two (bottom is firm and batter has set slightly).
- Serve warm with any desired toppings.
NOTE: I am sorry for awful picture quality; I had to use my cell phone because, unfortunately, my camera is still broken and I thought these pictures would be better than nothing.
- My Favorite Pancakes (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)
- PERFECT Pamela’s Pancakes (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)
- Pancake Crepes…NOT Scrambled Eggs (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)