While I’m in the pancake zone, I may as well post my most favorite pancake recipe. I use Arrowhead Mills for this one, and they are SO wonderful! I usually put whipped cream and fruit on my pancakes, if I have it, but you can use any toppings you desire. Pancakes are a nice, simple recipe that are perfect for any sort of morning (unless your late for work or school) and that almost everyone enjoys. I love Arrowhead Mills because the texture is great and not too grainy, the taste is superb, and it is so easy to use. I tried multiple pancake mixes before I discovered Arrowhead Mills (and also Pamela’s, later on) and I am so grateful I did. While Pamela’s Pancake and Baking Mix is one of my favorite mixes to cook with, its pancakes aren’t quite as good as Arrowhead’s (but just by a hair or two). They are both so amazing, but this post is about my absolute favorites, Arrowhead mills.
NOTE: I plan on trying a new, original pancake recipe in the near-future, made from scratch. Look for it in the coming week or two!
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills pancake mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients until well blended, smooth, and there are no dry bits
- Either heat a waffle/pancake maker or set up a frying pan on medium-medium high heat (grease both)
- For maker: Pour batter and cook for 2-5 minutes (check them every so often once they are cooked enough)
- For pan: Pour batter to preferred size (doesn’t matter as long as you can flip it!) and let cook for a minute or two. When small bubbles begin to form and steam starts rising from the pancake’s sides, flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute or so (or until golden brown)
- Serve warm with any desired toppings
- PERFECT Pamela’s Pancakes (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)
- Pancake Popovers (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)
- Pancake Crepes…NOT Scrambled Eggs (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)
- Pancakes From Scratch (deliciousgf.wordpress.com)