Salads are great as appetizers, a main course, or a snack to munch on. I love them–caesar salads especially. But I also love throwing everything healthy and green in my fridge together. Salads are so easy and delicious, not to mention healthy. One of favorite snacks is actually a dozen cucumber slices lightly salted. Cucumbers specifically are a fave of mine. There is nothing better than sitting down and just snacking, but not feeling bad about it afterwards.
Anyway, here is my typical salad:
- Fresh lettuce leaves (not bagged salad)
- Red and yellow pepper
- Some sort of nut (almonds or pecans)
- GF homemade crutons
- *Some ingredients I’ve used in the past, but just not regularly include: apples, avocado, parmesan cheese, and goat cheese, but you can add any additional items you want
- *Chicken, cold or heated (omit for vegetarian option)
- NOTE: I’ve never liked dressings, so going GF wasn’t hard there, but I know that there are some GF dressings out there
I plan on making one of these tomorrow, so I will post a picture then.