I love discovering new blogs and looking at a new variety and range of gluten free recipes. I also love when a blog has a great recipe, but with multiple methods and ways of making it. There is nothing better than discovering a great recipe that uses ingredients I actually have, especially after I’ve searched through numerous different recipes with no luck. I have a few repeat recipes myself…
Pizza, pizza, pizza. I feel as if every time I indulge in a delicious slice of pizza, it is a new recipe. I actually told myself a little while ago that I have a great set of delicious gluten free pizza recipes, and I really wanted to create my own, so I would not look for or make any new pizza recipes. That, however, was before I was given the idea of a gluten free pizza crust recipe using Pamela’s Baking and Pancake mix, and I knew I had to try it out! I got the idea for this recipe from a recipe I found at Pamela’s website. Pamela’s mix works so well and makes such delicious recipes, so I was thrilled to try to make a pizza crust with it. I knew my main flours would be Pamela’s mix with about half as much tapioca flour, because that has worked so well with one of my other favorite pizza recipes, which also is made with a cheese crust.
This pizza was SO delicious! The cheese crust is soft and slightly chewy on the inside, with a perfect crunch on the outside. The outer part of the crust is crisp and cheesy (I love the taste of baked cheese). The cheese is not an overwhelming or overpowering flavor; the taste of this wonderful crust is perfectly balanced. I don’t think I will change anything about this recipe. I actually was out of milk when I made this, so I used water instead, and the pizza crust turned out perfectly, so I decided to keep water is the ingredient.
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese (preferably low sodium)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (approx) shredded cheese of choice for toppings (I would not use more than this since the crust already has cheese in it as well)
- 1-2 tbsp sauce
- Any additional, desired toppings (chicken, mushrooms, peppers, pepperonis, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blend tapioca flour, Pamela’s mix, half the basil/all oregano, and parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, olive oil, salt, and water until smooth, then add mixture to bowl with flour.
- Mix until ingredients are nearly combined, then add cottage cheese and mozzarella.
- Stir until everything is totally blended and there are no flour or parmesan clumps.
- Pour mixture into two 8-inch, round, greased (grease with olive oil for great taste) cake pans or one 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle remaining basil on the edges of the pizza crust and place on middle rack of preheated oven. Reduce heat to 375°F and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and add pizza toppings (precook any raw meats/vegetables), then place pizza back into the oven at 375° for about 8-10 minutes.